LLC SELENA, Scientific and production chemical company
The core aspect of the work is development and introduction of innovative surfactants (SAS) and reagents based on them for road construction.
Selena Company sees its mission in reliable, efficient and well-balanced provision of consumers with chemical products, other types of additives and modifiers.
Reactor and tank farms include vacuum and high-temperature units, which allows producing chemical additives of almost any composition and gives possibility to completely provide the country’s road industry with high-quality products.
The laboratory’s specialists pay special attention to analysis of technological parameters of bitumen and asphalt concrete. Additional tests of our preparations are conducted in one of the leading in Russia road research laboratory of the Roads and Railways Department of BSTU named after Vladimir Grigorievich Shukhov. The department’s laboratories are equipped with modern equipment, devices and computers allowing analyzing asphalt concrete mixes based on the world’s most progressive quality control methods (GOST, EN, ASTM, and SuperPave).
The list of the road products produced by us includes:
- Adhesion additives of all types allowing to increase adherence of bitumen to stone material as part of asphalt concrete
- Emulsifiers for production of bitumen emulsion
- Impregnation for road surfaces
- Plasticizers and polymer modifier of bitumen
- Protective agents for road equipment processing
- Additives allowing to produce cold and warm asphalt concrete, carry out road works during winter and autumn seasons
In 2015, the production line of loose granulated materials was launched; this allowed the Company to maximally extend its capabilities in meeting the demands of road builders.
- We visit exhibitions and scientific conferences, introduce new technologies and own inventions in production.
- We constantly conduct our scientific and exploratory activities, which enables us to improve our products every year.
- We are always open for partners, which establishes conditions for long-term and fruitful cooperation.
- We work closely with key road research institutes and scientific and production laboratories in Russia and abroad, which allows us to be confident in high quality of our products.
The Company’s production site is located at the territory of the former Shebekino Detergent Chemical Plant, formely the largest enterprise in the country producing synthetic fatty acids and fatty alcohols and powder detergents, founded between the 40s and the 50s of the 20th century.
At the beginning of the 2000s, the Company’s reorganization was conducted, which consisted in establishment of a flexible and a universal low-tonnage production facility based on the Company’s own process developments. This allowed us to enter the third millennium as an exemplary Enterprise and a reliable partner in the Russian and international markets of functional surfactants and special chemical reagents.
About Shebekino Detergent Chemical Plant
During the post-war period, Shebekino was developing as a city of chemists. In 1948 the construction of the first chemical plant in the USSR producing fat substitutes and detergents based on surface-active substances, began.
The chemical plant has become widely known due to production of the powder detergents “News”, “Astra”, “Crystal”, “Neptune”. “Lotus”, shampoos “Iwa”, “Fairy”, “Alfia”, technical detergents and other types of products.
In the 50s and 60s of the past century it became a township-forming enterprise, having provided a powerful impetus for the social and economic development of the city. The plant had its own Palace of Culture, health care center and recreation center on the Black Sea coast.
In 1954, Kudryashov Alexander Ivanovich, the father of the founders of «Selena» Company, was appointed to the post of the Director of Shebekino Chemical Plant.
Alexander Ivanovich was born in 1923 in a large industrial settlement Orekhovo of the Danilovo district of the Volgograd region. In 1941 he graduated from a secondary school and was sent to study at the 2nd Rostov Artillery Academy. In 1942, being a seventeen-year-old young man with the rank of the lieutenant, he was sent to the Southern front in 1177th rifle regiment of 347th rifle division. He was assigned as a troop commander of 76-mm guns ZIS-3 (the best guns of the Great Patriotic War).
He took part in battles on Donbas defense. He was badly wounded outside the town of Salsk. Upon discharge from the military hospital in May 1943, he was sent by the North Caucasian Front command to the 81st Marine Brigade of the 18th Army. He took part in battles on liberation of Novorossiysk and Anapa. In 1944, after the third serious wound near Taman, Alexander Ivanovich was demobilized
In 1998 he became an honorary citizen of Shebekino and Shebekinsky district. One of the streets in the “city of chemists” was named after him.t
In the course of Alexander Ivanovich’s work in the position of the Director, the plant’s capacity has increased by 10 times, the workshops of secondary and primary fatty alcohols, powdered and liquid detergents, as well as the Palace of Culture “Chemist”, a cinema, a pioneer camp, a recreation center on the Black Sea, a primary healthcare unit, a stadium, and Shebekino-Belgorod road were built, the plant and the city were gasified. Active house building was under way.
During Soviet times Shebekino had its own emblem.
The retort on the emblem symbolized the chemical plant of synthetic fatty acids.
The authors of the emblem are G. V. Poluknina and T. N. Serezhnikova. 1986.
The All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Surfactants (VNIIPAV) with powerful pilot production and scientific research potential, which had its branches in Belgorod and Volgodonsk, was established based at the plant in 1958.
About VNIIPAV (The All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Surfactants)
In March 1959, because of the rapid development of the chemical industry in Shebekino, the Research Institute of Synthetic Fat Substitutes and Detergents was established based at the laboratory and pilot installations of the chemical plant by the decision of the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR. It was located in a small building on the territory of the enterprise, but in four years it was moved to a new four-storey facility built near the chemical plant.
By the order of the State Committee of the Council of Ministers on Chemistry dd. May 4, 1962, the scientific unit was reorganized into the All-Union Scientific Research and Design Institute of Synthetic Fat Substitutes (VNIISINZH), the design department of which was based in the city of Belgorod.
The Institute was engaged in development and study of problems of synthetic fat substitutes, surfactants, synthetic fatty acids, higher synthetic alcohols, design of plants, workshops and units for their production.
The stage of the Institute foundation is inextricably connected with the name of Alexander Ivanovich, he had been the head of the Institute for almost 17 years, which reached the highest level as a scientific organization, and became known in the country and the world. The social sector was developed intensively – residential buildings, a nursery school, a recreation center for the Institute and other objects were built.
The basic structure of the pilot production was created, but Alexander Ivanovich was already thinking about creation of a pilot generating plant. Contacts were made with head scientific organizations, young specialists had postgraduate study at various higher educational institutions. At A. I. Kudryashov’s invitation chemical experts from different cities of the country arrived, almost all of them found interesting work, created their own research directions and formed the main scientific potential of the Institute, and afterwards became heads and leading specialists of other organizations.
By the order of the Ministry of oil refining and petrochemical industry of USSR dd. August 30, 1974, the Institute was changed into the All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Surfactants (VNIIPAV). The All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Surfactants used to be the principal specialized research institute of the Soviet Union
For many years of Research Institute work
- 175 technological processes, above 2500 products based on household and industrial use SAS were developed.
- About 700 authorship certificates, 5 foreign patents, 60 diplomas and VDNKh’s medals were received.
- More than 2000 articles, theses and reports were published.
- 54 master’s and 9 doctoral dissertations were defended on the Institute’s theme.
- 8 conferences on problems of production and application of SAS were conducted.
- The Institute’s employees participated in the work of 24 international conferences, congresses.